>> Jun 6, 2011
The Dragon boat Festival is here again and this time it falls on 6th June (Monday), today, which is the 5th day of the 5th month in the lunar Chinese calendar.
- Heat oil in wok
- Stir-fry shallot on low heat till fragrant and translucent
- Add in garlic, stir-fry till fragrant but not brown
- Add in dried shrimp
- Stir in coriander powder
- Add in pork, mushroom, candied winter-melon
- Add in water (water reserved after soaking mushroom)
- Add in dark soy sauce
- On low heat cook till gravy begins to dry
- Add pepper, sugar and salt to taste
I was lucky to get the dried butterfly pea flowers from my neighbour and the very kind auntie also gave me some seedlings to plant.