Powered by Blogger.

Kiwi Muffin

>> Sep 9, 2009

A simple and quick Muffin recipe from pre-mix, Aunty Catherine’s Recipe which I bought from Best Baking Solution (USJ 8).

1 packet of pre-mix (500g)
½ tsp of sodium bicarbonate
100g water
3 Grade A eggs
120 butter, melted or vegetable oil

  1. Mix well kiwi muffin mix with sodium bicarbonate, water and eggs on low speed for 1 min and then mix for 4 mins on medium speed.
  2. Add melted butter or vegetable oil (I used sunflower seed oil) and mix at low speed for 1 min.
  3. Gently spoon batter in paper-lined muffin pans.
  4. Bake at 210°C in pre-heated oven for approximately 20 minutes till cooked.
  5. Cool on wire tray.
 This recipe will yield 24-26 pieces medium-size muffins.


The muffins are colored slightly green, but you need to get used to the black dots, the seeds, it's crunchy if you like them. There’s a slight tart kiwi taste in the baked muffins which I kinda like. I normally use sunflower seed oil instead of butter.

Muffins can be stored in the fridge, well-wrapped to avoid absorbing odors or drying out or becoming soggy. Re-heat in warm oven but it won’t have the fresh crispy out-of-the-oven top crust. For better quality, it’s best to consume within a couple of days.


Usually the lot will last us till afternoon tea the next day only! There's has been no need to store in the fridge.

I like a fresh muffin, still slightly warm from the oven with the crispy top crust. Yummy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP