Powered by Blogger.

Simple sponge cake

>> Jun 13, 2012


Light, soft and fine texture, that’s what I like about Sponge cake. It’s the very first cake I tried baking when I got my oven.

Looking back…it’s not an easy cake to begin the journey into the world baking as compared to the traditional butter cake. Strangely enough, I was not deterred by the difficulty. I kept trying to improve and kept reading up on the tips.

And, so… my lovely supportive family had to endure the 3 sponge-cake-sessions a week! Feeling guilty, I added different flavours to create varieties!


I’ve always preferred sponge cake as it’s not oily, but then now I’ve come to appreciate butter cakes. 
As women, we are allowed to change, right?…Hehe!

After trying a few different recipes…erhhmmm…more than a few, actually…pretty elusive, huh? 

This is still not perfect but it didn’t rise as high as expected but I like the fine texture and springy cake. This is the recipe I'm using,

5 eggs (Grade A)
95g caster sugar
110g flour
1.5 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

1.   Line the base and lightly grease the base of an 8-in square cake pan
2.   Beat eggs till creamy
3.   Add in sugar and beat on high about 8-10mins till egg mixture becomes very light colour, volume almost double and does not fall like runny eggs
4.   Add in twice sifted flour
5.   Beat for 1-2 mins on low till mixed
6.   Mix 1 scoop of batter in a small bowl with oil and milk and then gently fold the mixture back into the remainder of the batter
7.   Pour batter into pan, level
8.   Bake for about 35-40 mins at 180°C
9.   Remove from oven when top is golden and remove from pan, let cool on wire tray.

You can slice and ice it when cool, or slather with fresh cream, add fruits, slice and use as base for cheesecake …or just have it with coffee/espresso.


Enjoy!

Just me,

Rita

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

4 comments:

Lee Dec 21, 2012, 8:25:00 AM  

Hi Rita, I have always loved sponge cakes....Yours looks real good too.
Best regards.
Lee.

Anonymous,  Aug 1, 2013, 5:03:00 AM  

Thank you for the recipe. The sponge cake is a great cake because it is delicious but it is also a bit harder to bake. Thank you for the directions as well. The versatility of this recipe seems like a real strong point. It would be a great afternoon snack with a coffee.


Please Visit my website: Online PhD UK

Unknown Oct 20, 2015, 4:59:00 PM  

We love sponge cakes! My friends always eat this for afternoon snacks together coffee. We’ll recommend this page to everyone.

Helen at http://teflstore.com/

Unknown Mar 2, 2016, 10:35:00 AM  

wow this is so nice, I like it. I want to try this.
#Audiosolutions

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP