Powered by Blogger.

Appliance Review - Elba Electric Food Steamer

>> Jul 28, 2011

I share sentiments with most Kitchen Bosses (~_^), all gadgets and appliances make kitchen management so much easier and faster :-). 


Here’s something that I took for granted till somebody mentioned how useful the electrical food steamer is.

The Elba food steamer model EFS-6882 is a 2-tier model with a 60-minutes maximum timer bell signal. I truly found the timer terribly helpful.  I can go about my chores or other food preparation while the fish or egg custard is steaming.  If you are forgetful, the bell signal goes off to warn you it’s ready – with auto power cut-off.  When I return from collecting Max from his classes, the fish and rice is ready for serving and still warm…

I can steam 2 dishes or warm them up on different tiers.  I have steamed chinese bun (Tau-Sar buns / Steamed Red-bean Buns, Char-siu buns, white rice, oil-less veggies, corn cob and steamed chicken)


When steaming chinese buns, I found that I have to be very careful when removing the lid so as to minimise the water vapour dripping onto the buns, which may sometimes make them soggy.

There are some with 3-tiers which I did not take as some sales representatives do not recommend as steaming may not be too effective for the upper tier. If you are intending to get a food steamer you may want to clarify this with the sales person before getting it. 

Being one tier atop another and having same hot steam circulating within, there may be issues of aroma of 1 dish mingling with the other… it's fine with us with steamed fish and steamed rice together. There's also a water level indicator to ensure it doesn't dry up, and a water inlet if you need to add more water.


The shape of steamer is oval at 26cm x 20cm. I can't steam chinese cake (kueh) in 20cm pans (with rim 21cm)... so, you may want to consider a round one instead.

I exchanged credit card points accumulated for this appliance a few years ago though it’s retailing at RM99.00 now.  There are a number of other brands in the market that you can check out... or you can check out at Amazon.


















Benefits of steaming your food,
Steaming your vegetable, meat, fish, and fruit you will retains the natural vitamins, colors, textures and flavors in food.

Here's some reading on steaming food,

Some of the recipes using steaming you may like:


Blog Widget by LinkWithin

8 comments:

Anonymous,  Aug 10, 2011, 11:36:00 AM  

Thanks for the information, we will add this story to our blog, as we have a audience in this sector that loves reading like this Electric Food Steamer........
Kitchen Equipment

nicina Apr 10, 2012, 1:47:00 PM  

hey thanx... i'm thinking of redeem this item too, n i think u've made me stop of thinking twice.. hehehe... will go n get it
thnx dowh

Unknown Jan 25, 2014, 4:25:00 AM  

The very first thing, which often shoppers with Dubai always ought to remember, is usually which a high-quality power appliance is usually one particular that you will find from an authorized supplier or maybe from hypermarkets or maybe supermarke.
espresso

Unknown Nov 17, 2014, 1:23:00 PM  

As a buyer, I want my appliances to be the best. Like the best microwave, best food steamer, best coffee maker and etc. I want only the best to make my cooking easier, faster and to make my cooked food more delicious. Anyway this electrical food steamer is a good idea. I will add this to my “kitchenware to buy list”.

Anna Schafer Mar 16, 2016, 7:21:00 PM  

Willpower Electric, LLC offers stand alone and grid tied power systems, one-stop design, build, sales and service, as well as full-service government, telecom, commercial, industrial and residential solutions. 300w ac dc adapter power supply

Herbert M. Reed Jan 15, 2020, 3:47:00 PM  

Thanks for sharing the post.. parents are worlds best person in each lives of individual..they need or must succeed to sustain needs of the family. Sub Zero, Viking refrigerator repair IN ALHAMBRA

Farhan.Jee Jan 24, 2020, 2:31:00 AM  

Unplug the device and then go ahead with the inspection. Some appliances like dryers have very sharp edges so be careful when examining them appliance repair los angeles free estimate

Farhan.Jee Jan 24, 2020, 2:32:00 AM  

Unplug the device and then go ahead with the inspection. Some appliances like dryers have very sharp edges so be careful when examining them appliance repair los angeles free estimate

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP