>> Aug 4, 2011
90g caster sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt (omitted, as I used salted butter)
120g unsalted butter (I used salted)
120ml fresh orange juice
¾ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips (I added more than that, including sprinkling on top)
grated zest of 1 orange (I used all 3 medium-size, left in my fruit basket)
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC and grease 12 muffin cups.
- Sift flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Add sugar and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Melt butter. Remove from heat, let it cool.
- Stir in orange juice, eggs and orange rind into cooled melted butter.
- Stir liquid into dry mixture and mix till just moistened.
- Spoon into muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes or until done