Powered by Blogger.

Nutella Swirl Pound Cake

>> Aug 10, 2011



I made this some months ago when some friends came over for coffee. Being too busy at that time I forgot completely later about posting it.



This is a very beautiful recipe with my favourite Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Spread. I saw this in Food and Wine, thanks to Laura Chattman, Cake Keeper Cakes. If you like Nutella, you will like this!

185g plain flour, plus some for dusting
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
¾ tsp baking powder
225g butter
220g sugar (reduced from 1 ¼ cup)
13-oz jar Nutella Hazelnut Spread


1.      Preheat the oven to 170C. Lightly grease and flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan, tapping out any excess flour. In a glass measuring cup, lightly beat the eggs with the vanilla. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder and salt.
2.      In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the butter with the sugar at medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. With the mixer at medium-low speed, gradually beat in the egg mixture until fully incorporated. Add the flour mixture in 3 batches, beating at low speed between additions until just incorporated. Continue to beat for 30 seconds longer.
3.      Spread one-third of the batter in the prepared pan, then spread half of the Nutella on top. Repeat with another third of the batter and the remaining Nutella. Top with the remaining batter. Lightly swirl the Nutella into the batter with a butter knife. Do not overmix.
4.      Bake the cake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Invert the cake onto a wire rack, turn it right side up and let cool completely, about 2 hours. Cut the cake into slices and serve.


I found the Nutella spread a little difficult to spread evenly well as it can be quite thick and can sink during baking and end up at the bottom. Try to spread the Nutella as thin as possible, not touching the sides of the pan. I did not managed to finish a whole jar of Nutella. 
Next time, I’ll do better with the swirls, and perhaps reduce the butter…

Nevertheless, this is a wonderful recipe.



You may like Nutella Cupcakes too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

5 comments:

kitchen flavours Aug 11, 2011, 12:00:00 PM  

Your cake looks wonderful! I baked this a few months back, it is really good, but a little bit on the oily side, I would reduce the butter too the next time! :)

shaz Aug 11, 2011, 7:00:00 PM  

That looks so delicious! I am addicted to Nutella :)

Sweethestia Aug 11, 2011, 10:06:00 PM  

I want to try this. I just tried to make a banana bread it was a mess...

ICook4Fun Aug 20, 2011, 7:41:00 AM  

Try mixing the nutella with a bit of the cake batter and it will be easier to spread out.

Rita Aug 20, 2011, 7:56:00 AM  

@kitchen flavours
Thks. Yep, too oily.

@Shaz
Thks, I'm a Nutella-addict too... :-)

@Sweethestia
Hi Jade, Don't worry, we all have experiment disasters from time to time... we'll learn better the next time :-)

@ICook4Fun
Hi Gertrude, thks for stopping by and the great tips. Will try that :-)

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP