Powered by Blogger.

Nutella Cupcakes

>> Dec 3, 2009

This is the first time I’m baking Nutella Frosted Cupcake.


I first saw these delectable cupcakes in Baking Bites and another posted by Mandy of Fresh from the Oven and they also appeared in a few other sites too. I just knew I got to take a bite of these… well, I had 4 small ones, they were not that big! Really! Well, they were slightly bigger than minis, and definitely not in the BIG category.


Yikes, there goes my promise to myself to ‘restrain’ my indulgence in view of the recent luxurious cheesecake tea-time treat @ Secret Recipe and with year-end parties, Christmas, and New Year just around the corner… maybe, around 2 corners and Chinese New Year in Feb 2010. That doesn’t give me enough time to work out at the gym. I really gotta draft out my ‘strategic plan’… (sigh!)…I really-really  need to get rid of at least 3kilos so I can stuff myself during the festive seasons!

Anyway, I made these so simple, so yummy, so addictive, so delicious, so irresistible, so scrumptious, so fragrant and so popular cupcakes last night. I simply couldn’t wait much longer while they were cooling on the rack and took a bite of these delectable treats fresh from the oven, still slightly warm and crusty …mmmmmmmmmm, trust me, if you are a big fan of nutella, you gotta try this if you haven’t already.




I read some comments and suggestions here and there, and have made some very slight adjustment. Here’s the recipe,

140g butter, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar (1 use 100g)
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
200g plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp low-fat milk (I added this)
Nutella, approx. 1/3 cup

1.  Pre-heat oven to 190C. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
2.  Sift flour, salt and baking powder together.
3.  Cream butter and sugar till light, about 2 minutes.
4.  Add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated.
5.  Add in vanilla essence and fold in flour until batter is uniform and no flour remains.
6.  Scoop batter and fill each muffin liner till 3/4 full.
7.  Top each cake with 1 tsp Nutella (I use 1/2 - 1 tsp)
8.  Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the Nutella.
9.  Bake for 20 minutes.
10. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 24 cupcakes (small) (Mine made 28 pieces)


It may not be easy to swirl with the toothpick but you’ll get the hang of it, I was assured by one blogger.  Mine is a little over-done, I think, the next time I’m going to get them out at 18 minutes, so please check your oven.


I like to make small cute cupcakes, to lessen the ‘calories guilt’ or rather allowing ample time to ‘apply the handbrake’ before pigging out! I do sound like a pig…but who can resist good snacks? :-)

These cute fellas got the ‘thumbs up’ from Max and Hubby late last night.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

Rita Dec 3, 2009, 9:31:00 PM  

how yummy! (^-^) thanks for your comment on my blog.

Michael

http://thegodscake.wordpress.com

Rita Dec 5, 2009, 11:23:00 PM  

Michael, thank you too. :-)

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP