Powered by Blogger.

Kiddie's Mixed Vege Soup

>> Dec 5, 2009

Oh!…another tooth came loose. It’s that time again, so ‘soft food’ is in.

Max doesn’t like vege, (sigh!) like most kids and it’s always,
“Mom, I’m not hungry”
“This is not mine!”
“Mom, can you please remove this strange stuff”
“This is yucky”
“Mom, can you take out the grass from my bowl please”

These may sound familiar to you…hahaha.

I made a quick Vege Soup and rice, that’s all last night. Sigh! I know, I seriously look like the Bad Step Queen-mama, so bad of me, no choice for Max. I explained patiently to the little young man, how these veges will help him feel better. Do you think it works?

No-no, the next thing he said was this, “Although I don’t like vege, I know I have to eat them because it’s good for me and will make me stronger”.
“How clever, you must have been reading the encyclopedia?”
“Yes, Mom”… there was no smile from him…

Ok-lah, at least he finished the soup with his small bowl of rice but took almost 25 minutes. I don’t like this method but this is the quickest. I raided my almost empty fridge and this is what I can come out with...for a quickest dinner.

1/2 tsp sunflower oil or sesame oil
1 fist-size cauliflower florets, cut small
1 medium potato, cut into strips
1 medium carrot, cut into strips
3 stalks of choy sum or cai xin (Brassica parachinensis), cut small
Fish fillet (I used Grouper fillet, boneless about 150g) slice thin
Salt & pepper, to taste
3 - 3 1/2 cups water


1.  Bring water to boil, add in the oil.
2.  Add carrot, potato and small cauliflower florets, let boil about 5 minutes, they should be almost soft.
3.  Add in choy sum, bring to boil for 1 minute.
4.  Lastly add in fish pieces, let soup boil for 2 minutes.
5.  Add in salt & pepper to taste.
6.  Serve hot (Optional to garnish with chopped parsley or chopped spring onion)


It's quite tasty though simple and suitable for toddlers too.

I guess there are many Moms out there in the same predicament as me and seriously wish to tempt their little ones and encourage them to enjoy food with the limitless preparation and presentation to tempt them.

Have patience, have patience, one day… I thought I spotted a piece of white hair as I took a quick glance in the mirror this morning!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP