Powered by Blogger.

Red... Strawberry Mirror Cheesecake

>> Nov 8, 2009

Yay! I did it this time! J


I got the taste and texture right this time…hubby and the little prince both love it too. My lucky neighbours too!

I worked on it late last night and it’s well worth it. As I unmoulded it just now, I was a little apprehensive something might be wrong… the last time I made it…it was a real failure! I was worried it might be too runny, won’t set, strawberries floating or… or something. Luckily it looks almost perfect, the red strawberry-flavour jelly is very pretty looking and strawberries weren’t too tart.


I had a helping hand in the little prince, he helped with the beating of the cream cheese, then whipping the cream, transferring the fillings into the pan and decorating.

My part-time little kitchen helper! This is what Experts say, kids are naturally curious and eager to know how food comes about on the table. Kids participation in the kitchen will help with their understanding of food process, the smell, taste, feel, how it is cut and the transformation after-cooking or baking. They learn responsibilities. Of course, most important is to bear in mind, safety.
Now, back to the Cheesecake, the most difficult part was this…

...peeking in the fridge a couple of times...

Yes, the waiting…1 hour…2 hours…as it chilled in the fridge. And, finally this morning, it should be more than ready.

The base
125g digestive biscuit, crushed
65g butter, melted



The fillings
250g cream cheese
85g caster sugar
3 tbsp boiling water
2 ½ tsp unflavoured gelatine powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
250g whipping cream, whipped
175g strawberry puree

Topping
1 pkt Nona Crystal Jelly 90g (Strawberry Flavour) - (I used the whole packet or you can use half) or Jell-O (Strawberry or Raspberry flavour)
375ml water
Strawberry slices for decorations

The final ingredient – P A T I E N C E !  J

Ha-ha-ha. I love chilled no-bake cheesecake, as it’s easier, less time consuming, less waiting time (You can’t escape the chilling & setting time!).

First, crush the biscuits in a plastic bag with a rolling pin. Mixed in melted butter and press the biscuit mixture into the base of a 20cm spring-form pan, which has been lined with baking paper, till even. Chill in the fridge till needed.

Puree strawberries and set aside. You can use a stick blender which I did.
Soften gelatine with boiling water and keep warm in medium bowl filled with very hot water.
Beat softened cream cheese, gradually add in sugar and beat till very smooth. Mix in strawberry puree, lemon juice and gelatine solution.
Gently fold in whipped cream... now, you will have ‘pink’ fluffy cream cheese fillings.
Layer some strawberry slices on the biscuit base.
Gently scoop the fillings into the chilled biscuit base. Smooth and level with a spatula if needed.
Decorate some strawberry slices on the cream cheese fillings and chill for about 2 hours.

Patience


Boil the crystal jelly with water. Let cool a little and gently pour onto the cheesecake. It will harden quite immediately. Chill again in the fridge.

Patience

Patience

Chill preferably overnight. Meantime, it’s OK to keeping peeping into the fridge… yes, it’s still there…

Finally, unmould and sink that sharp blade into the cheesecake and serve. Clean the knife with paper towel before the next cut. I quite like the mirror finishing with the jelly topping and the pieces of strawberry between the soft & smooth cheese fillings and the crust base.





Enjoy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

5 comments:

Rita Nov 9, 2009, 11:38:00 PM  

OMG! It looks like it was from a Bon Apetit magazine. Ingredients are surely simple enough. I'll give it a shot this weekend. Hopes it'll come out right too.

Rita Nov 10, 2009, 12:02:00 PM  

Hi Rose Belle - Thks for stopping by.
I'm pretty happy with this Strawberry Mirror Cheesecake, using the Chilled Lemon Cheesecake as base recipe and the next time I make it I'm going to add even more strawberries between the cheese fillings and crust, maybe chop some smaller pieces to add to the fillings.
And, thks for the kind comment, I'm sure you'll can get it beautifully done as I normally use simple ingredients.
Cheers.

Rita Nov 11, 2009, 10:43:00 AM  

wow that is amazing! well done!! looks like from those restaurants with high tea. looks so yummmy!

Rita Nov 17, 2009, 1:24:00 PM  

Hi Annn. Thks for visiting and your kind comment.
My successful 2nd attempt. :-)

Linda Feb 15, 2018, 10:40:00 AM  

I tried the lemon and this one. What a great idea. It was soo bueatiful and everyone that I was really amazing. Can’t say enough about these recipes. Thanks so much

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP