Powered by Blogger.

Wet-wet days

>> Nov 18, 2009

It’s been raining practically everyday in the afternoon and sometimes even at night over here with grey skies… makes me feel sleepy and lazzzzzzzzy!


Keeping a restless child entertained is beginning to be a challenge. The gloomy skies were getting to Max too. Unlike me, he’s moody, grouchy, touchy and grumpy. Outdoor play has to be postponed and replaced with indoor activities. So, that’s reading, jigsaw puzzles, Lego blocks, colouring, sketching, puzzle books and some computer games. Kids, especially boys have high energy levels and it’s best to find entertaining home activities to fill their time.


I try to avoid letting the TV fill his time while I get the weekend housework cleared unless there is a very good and education program that will hold his attention.

Luckily Max likes documentaries. He started enjoying Discovery Channel programs at an early age of 3 and its’ wonderful documentaries about the secrets and wonders of our Mother Earth, the solar system, nature and he loves aeroplanes, helicopters and military aircrafts. The mysteries and amazing science can hold his attention.

School year-end break is beginning this weekend and I gotta make some entertaining plans including teaching him some board games as well as some others besides the above.

Here are some helpful ideas...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

Rita Nov 21, 2009, 3:26:00 AM  

We just got our long awaited rain an hour ago. We need rain!! I know what you mean, kids at home and them getting restless and of course, we don't want them to be watching TV all day long, right? I get my daughters to bake over the weekend. I think they learn to cook and clean at the same time.

Rita Nov 27, 2009, 5:32:00 PM  

Hi Rose Belle. Baking with kids is an excellent idea. Kids get to explore the before and after ...and the best part is that they learn responsibilities and have fun at the same time. :-D

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP