Powered by Blogger.

A Christmas card

>> Dec 28, 2009



Last week I received a Christmas card from my good friend in Australia. It was such a pleasant surprise J. In this age of e-Card, SMS text, Online chat, Facebook… snail mail is only for mailing your cheque payments for credit card, mortgage, insurance payments…

I haven’t received any such cards in many years. It’s an almost long forgotten thing. We normally get junk flyers, promotional mailers, receipts, statements, bills but to see a pale green handwritten envelope… wow, it’s so personal and so touching to see this tradition back in practice. There’s nothing like receiving one.

I just may do this come Chinese New Year… J


Blog Widget by LinkWithin

3 comments:

Rita Dec 28, 2009, 9:07:00 PM  

yeah its true this day in age everything is electronically done! i dont even use the post office anymore to pay any bills no more. i do it all online and i am starting to online shop more often now too for clothes.....maybe i might try to shop for groceries online and have it delivered the same day lol.

yeah its nice to get a card manually hey lol.

have a great new year rita!

Rita Jan 2, 2010, 8:52:00 PM  

hello rita
I wish you the best for 2010 !
Pierre a french foodie from Paris

Rita Jan 5, 2010, 12:22:00 PM  

it is wonderful to receive a hand written card these days :)
Happy new year!!

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP