Powered by Blogger.

Summer’s best... simple pleasure

>> Jun 20, 2011

Pan-scorched Corn Cob


You can enjoy an indoor grilled corn cob without an outdoor BBQ any time. Here’s what I did.



Fresh Corn cobs
Butter (I used Goldern Churn Butter)
Salt (omit if using salted butter)
Pepper (optional)


1.      Remove husk and corn silk

2.      Soak in plain water for 10mins and wash thoroughly
3.      Steam for 10-15mins
4.      Carefully remove them onto a plate
5.      Heat a pan, put the cooked corn cob into the pan to scorch
6.      With a tong, gently turn them, till they begin to turn light gold
7.      Brush some butter on the corn cobs… watch carefully as butter burns easily



8.      Let the corn cob sizzle a little and remove them
9.      Serve, with a light sprinkle of salt or a dash of pepper (optional)




I cut the corn cobs into half before steaming and pan-scorching them. Then, I speared them with a wooden chopstick - easier for little hands!


Sit back, relax and enjoy the corn cob with a cold beer (unfortunately, I’m not a great fan of beer so I had a glass of chilled white wine… J …hehe… Hubby said wine is no substitute!). You can watch a good family movie, a game of tennis or just sit on the patio watching the last sun-rays disappear as the sun dip into the horizon.


You may find something quite similar in the Pasar Malam (Night market) or Pasar Tani (Farmers market). I’m not really fond of those sold there as some can be quite salty or badly charred.

If you like corn cob, you’ll like this. Enjoy, simple pleasures...



You may like this :
Perfect Summer dessert Chilled Lemon Cheesecake

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover Jun 22, 2011, 8:43:00 PM  

This look better than those pasar malam one.

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP