Powered by Blogger.

Pig Kidney Soup

>> Jun 16, 2011

This is an old family recipe, made by my Mom when I was young. I remember having this hot and gingery soup.


1 kidney,
80gm ground pork, (lean), make into meatball
2cm ginger, julienned thinly
1 stalk spring onion or parsley (I didn't have any in the fridge)
2 tsp sesame oil
350ml
Salt and pepper, to taste

Season ground pork with ¼ tsp salt, 1 tsp cornflour and a dash of pepper. Wet your hand and shape a tsp each into bite-size meatballs.

When you buy the pig’s kidney from the butcher, the butcher would most likely have sliced into 2 vertically (to open up symmetrically) and removed the white spidernet-like stuff from inside the kidney. Wash and soak them 2 or 3 times for a couple of hours should do.

1.      Wash and soak kidney, lightly score criss-cross on the outer surface and then slice the kidney into 1cm strip
2.      Heat wok and sauté ginger in sesame oil till fragrant
3.      Sear kidney well till almost cooked
4.      Add in water
5.      Let it come to a boil and add in pork balls, simmer for 5 mins and turn off flame.
6.      Add in salt and pepper to taste


Serve hot with white plain rice.

Note : This soup is also served during confinement and best enjoyed during winter or cold days.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

3 comments:

Minhas Receitas Dia a Dia Jun 17, 2011, 3:39:00 AM  

I loved!! Kisses, Marta.
Minhas receitas dia a dia.

kitchen flavours Jun 17, 2011, 9:19:00 PM  

Yes, I used to eat this during confinement, with the addition of chinese wine, and my hubby would 'steal' some from my bowl! Have not eaten this in a long time!

Anonymous,  Jun 26, 2011, 4:50:00 PM  

I love pork offals but I never had tried kidneys, this looks interesting to me.

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP