Powered by Blogger.

Sweet Sour Prawns

>> Jun 12, 2011

For many, prawns are their favourite but not my young guy. I’m trying to cook prawns once a week, trying different style…sigh!...yes, to get the little one interested in them. He always pick them up and remove them! L




12-15 medium or large prawns
2 slices of ginger, chopped small
3 pips of garlic, chopped small
4 tbsp of tomato ketchup
1½ tsp of chilli sauce (more, if you like it a little spicier)
90-100ml water
¼ - ½ tsp of sugar
1 tsp of lemon juice

Salt and pepper to taste


  1. Wash , clean and snipe off the sharp edge of the prawns and dry them on paper towels
  2. Season them with ¼ tsp of salt
  3. Heat enough oil in wok to deep-fry the prawns
  4. Dish up when they turned red, cooked and drain on paper towels
  5. Pour off oil leaving 1 tsp in the wok
  6. Stir-fry garlic and ginger till fragrant
  7. Add in tomato ketchup and chilli sauce
  8. Add in sugar
  9. Add in water and lemon juice
  10. Let it come to a boil
  11. Salt and pepper to taste
  12. Pour in the prawns to coat in sweet-sour gravy

Dish up and serve on a bed of greens.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

4 comments:

ann low Jun 13, 2011, 12:24:00 AM  

My boys love prawns and I'm sure if I cook this, they'll usually the first one to grab the prawns.

kitchen flavours Jun 13, 2011, 10:36:00 AM  

The prawns looks delicious! My kids love prawns, serve this to them, and they could finish the whole plate!

Rita Jun 17, 2011, 12:43:00 PM  

Anncoo
Kitchen Flavours
Most kids love prawns (sigh!) but not mine :-(
I'm still finding ways to get him to take prawns...

foongpc Jun 18, 2011, 12:37:00 PM  

This looks yummy! I love prawns! : )

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP