Powered by Blogger.

Sunrise Peach Muffin

>> Jul 8, 2011

Why Sunrise Peach Muffin?


I got up at 6.00am, prepared the ingredients, made them and got them out of oven just at sunrise for breakfast on Saturday morning. :-)

hibiscus from my garden


I should be lazing in bed, snuggled up and pulled the quilt up to my ears… and forget about the alarm clock but I thought of making these muffins…for my little guy and Hb, well, I do like a slightly crusty-top and fresh from oven muffins with a hot cup of coffee!


This recipe is from Aunty Yochana. When I saw these fluffy-looking muffins, I knew I just gotta make them. Would be nice if I can get some of these juicy fresh peaches but I settled for a small can from my pantry.

I like peeking at them in the oven as they rise… J




I followed Aunty Yochana’s with some minor adjustments

180g unsalted butter – melted (I used salted as that’s what I have in my fridge)
220g fine sugar (I used 200gm)
¼ tsp salt (I omitted this)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
250g cake flour
2 tsp Baking powder
80g ground almonds
1 small can of peach - diced
100ml fresh milk (I used 120ml)
1 tsp of vanilla extract (I added this)


(1) Mix melted butter with sugar, salt, beaten eggs and milk. Stir till well combined and then pour into the sifted flour, ground almonds and baking powder. Stir lightly.
(2) Add in diced peaches.
(3) Spoon into muffin cups and bake at 180C for about 25 mins. or till cooked.
(4) Leave muffins to cool on cooling rack.



Serve them fresh within 10-15mins…you’ll know what I mean. Crusty top, still-fresh-from-the oven, fluffy and tender inside, nutty …love it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comments:

kitchen flavours Jul 9, 2011, 12:07:00 PM  

Looks so good! Nothing beats the taste of muffins when they are freshly baked right out of the oven! Would be lovely with a cup of coffee! Yum!
Have a lovely weekend, Rita!

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP