Powered by Blogger.

School Term-Break

>> Mar 23, 2012


I’ve neglected my blogs and I am now trying to ease back in slowly and gathering some long-lost momentum!

Too much has happened and I thank my family and friends for their prayers, support and help.

Christmas 2011 has been spent in the hospital with the little guy hospitalised a few days during the Christmas holidays for a very nasty bug. He had very high fever, averaging 39.5 - 40°C, vomiting and severe headache with initial diagnosis of suspected meningitis or dengue fever. There’re IV drip, a tube into his thin wrist, suppositories, needles…and talk of possibility of CT Scan or MRI.


Thank God, after some blood tests, meningitis and dengue were ruled out and doctors could only say it was very nasty viral infection. Anyway, we are glad it’s over, a fortnight of worries and sleepless nights could be put aside.

when Max was much better and could sit up, he immediately asked for his Lego blocks



on the day of discharge - the IV plastic needle

Hah! – then, my precious hard-disk CRASHED on the 1st week of January 2012 …I know it sounds bad. But, yes, it is BAD!

So, please,

BACK-UP!
BACK-UP!
BACK-UP!


The blog write-ups and pics and some other data for November and December were all unreadable, tho’ the laptop was still under warranty! The DELL engineer kindly told me to forget about recovery as it is bad when he came to replace with a new hard-disk. I was quite sure it could be done, Hongkong’s Drama Forensic Heroes III “Pro Sir” would have made it possible!

Haha!!!...yes, actually it can be done but could be very pricey… :-(

Anyway, my advice to all my family, friends, cyber-friends, blog walkers, blog readers…please heed this advice to do REGULAR BACK-UP.

AND…as I saying about school term-break fun…we had a good time after the ‘blur-blur’ school re-opening, the ‘mad-mad’ rush for the Chinese New Year holidays and then the 1st term exam.
The 1st term break was only 1 week and as usual, we have the Playpals (not Paypal) in our house for Lego/Nerf/Beyblade challenges with the playroom quite similar to the war-zone!

We had some food fun.

While we do go for some mild spicy Nasi Lemak with Chicken Rendang, or some curry gravy with fried beehoon (rice vermicelli), we have not seriously introduced Mamak-style (Indian Moslem) food to the little guy.
Nasi Lemak with Rendang Chicken

There’s a new place that opened up not long and their sign, “Sup Kambing” (Mutton Soup) had my saliva glands went into over-drive! Seriously,…only my heart was not beating as fast like it was my 1st date…aeons ago ;-)
Sup Kambing (Mutton soup) - the fragrant spices mingling with chunks of mutton...so delicious although a little too spicy

I haven’t had this in many years ;-) and we also ordered...

Roti Naan Garlic

Big Big Roti Naan 'oven'

Mee Goreng Mamak-style - a little too spicy for the little one!

part of the menu at the Indian Moslem restaurant

Besides food, I had a good time with the little guy at a new indoor theme park, more of a edu-tainment centre in CurveNX, Mutiara Damansara, at a place called Kidzania Kuala Lumpur.


You can click here to read more of the fun and some pics. Check it out too, if it's near to you! Please read before visiting for optimal playtime :-).

Rita



Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

kitchen flavours Mar 24, 2012, 11:35:00 AM  

Hi Rita, I'm glad that your son is OK. My son was hospitalized too just before the new school term starts, did not go to school for the first two weeks. He had dengue fever, high fever for almost a week as high as +41C. I know how worrisome it was! I'm really glad and relieved when he was discharged and back to normal!
I was wondering about you and the long absence in blogging! Welcome back!
The soup kambing looks yummy, it has been a while since I last had this, when me and hubby was dating before we got married, this is one of our favourite "snack"!! Haha! Where did you go for this? Would really love to surprise him one of these days!!
Yup, back up! Always thought of doing that, but never did! :)

Rita Mar 25, 2012, 4:46:00 PM  

Hi Joyce. Thks! I'm happy to be back.:-)
Oh dear, but I'm very glad everything is OK and back to normal for you and us too. What a scary experience!

I really miss the fragrant spices, I like the spicy thick soup but the mutton chunks could have been more tender. We found this place in Shah Alam.

Joyce, do heed the advice, since you have so many beautiful recipes and pics :-)

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP