Powered by Blogger.

Claypot Bak-ku-teh (BKT)

>> Apr 7, 2012


I made this some time back and got the thumbs up from the little one. I think it is very nice, not too over-powering with herbs and just the right flavour with pork ribs.




For 3 pax
1 packet of Bak-kut-teh herbs (I used A1 brand) – 60gm
2 litre water
400g pork ribs
1.5 tbsp oyster sauce (I used Maggi)
2-3 tbsp light soy sauce (I used Lee Kum Kee Selected, to taste)
1-1.5 tbsp dark soy sauce (I used Popo)
10 pcs of fried puffy tofu (taufu pok)
8pcs of dried shitake black mushroom (I used 1 handful of oyster mushroom)
1 packet of enoki mushroom
6-8 pips of garlic
Pepper, to taste


1.   Soak dried shitake mushroom (cut half)
2.   Rinse and in a separate bowl of boiling water, blanch the ribs for 4mins. Drain.
3.   Bring 2 litre of water to boil, add in herbs and ribs, garlic, black mushroom (if using oyster mushroom, only add in 10 minutes before turning off flame as it is soft and breaks easily)
4.   Let it come to a boil, turn down flame to medium low.
5.   Boil for 30mins, add in light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and oyster sauce.



6.   Boil for another 35mins, add in oyster mushroom and enoki mushroom.
7.   10 minutes later, turn off flame, add pepper to taste.

I served with hot steamed white rice and a light salad on the side. If you like your ribs with meat falling off bones, this is it! Yummy!

It’s an easy 1-pot dinner of meat-soup with vegetables on the side.


Enjoy!

Rita


Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

Sutapa Apr 7, 2012, 7:44:00 PM  

New to me but lovely soup!

kitchen flavours Apr 9, 2012, 7:29:00 PM  

I use A1 brand too! It's been sometime since I last had BKT! Drooling now!

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP