Powered by Blogger.

Peach Butter Cake

>> Nov 28, 2010

I’ve always wanted to make a Peach Cake after practically drooling over the pictures in “I love Butter Cake” by Kevin Chai. I didn’t know there could be that many types of butter cake.

Even the picky little one likes it.



I’ve reduced the sugar, as I find the cake a little on the sweet side for me as canned peaches are used. Reducing the sugar did not affect the texture of the cake. Please increase the amount if needed.


I did not have peach halves (the original recipe calls for peach halves) on hand but only slices. Here’s the adapted recipe,

160g butter
120g caster sugar (reduced)
3 pcs eggs
1 tbsp lemon juice
160g plain flour
60g ground almond
1 can peach halves, drained

1.    Grease a 9in (23cm) pie dish.
2.    Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
3.    Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
4.    Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
5.    Stir in lemon juice, fold in flour and ground almond. Mix until well blended. Spread into baking pan
6.    Arrange peach halves on top of batter.
7.    Bake in oven for 30-35 mins. (I baked for 35mins)

Batter is thick, so you will need to level the cake and gently arrange the peaches on the cake.



My cake turns out a bit higher than the picture in the book. I serve it with just a light dust of icing sugar to look nice. The next time, I’ll use peach halves and serve the cake still slightly warm from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Yummy!



This recipe is a keeper, I will be making this again!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP