Powered by Blogger.

Quick Pear Tart

>> Nov 16, 2010

I’ve been on “MIA” for the last 5 months. I have to apologize to my friends and blog-friends. Many things have happened and I’ve been short on time. There were a million things to look into. Sadly, I’ve pushed blogging to aside… :-(

I’ve been walking my friend’s dog ;-)
I’ve been hibernating
I’ve been dreaming

I’ve been lazy
I’ve been catching up
I’ve been doing some thinking
I’ve been busy with my sickly MIL
I’ve been pre-occupied with little Max
I’ve been researching
I’ve been doing some soul-searching
I’ve been away … from my laptop

But I’m here now… :-)

I’ve tried collecting some nice pictures as much as I could from some dinners, coffee/tea sessions and quick fixes though I didn’t have time for blogging in the last few months.

Here is one, which I like and so did my friends when recently, they dropped by for a quick visit for afternoon tea and coffee.

Quick Pear Tart

2 pcs Pear (I use Packham), sliced
4 tbsp Nutella spread or melted chocolate
2 tbsp butter
6 pcs ready-made puff pastry (square, approx. 10cm x 10cm)
4-5 tbsp almonds flakes (slices)

Milk for glazing
Icing sugar for dusting


1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C
2. Thaw puff pastry per instruction on packet.
3. Place the square pieces of pastries on a lightly greased baking tray.
4. Spread some Nutella or melted chocolate on the pastries, leaving space of 3/4cm from the edge.
5. Dot some butter here and there.
6. Arrange slices of pear on top of the chocolate or Nutella spread.
7. Brush the edges with milk.
8. Top with some almond slices/flakes.
9. Bake for 8-10 mins depending on your oven, till the edges are golden brown.
10. Cool for 5-10 mins.
11. Lightly dust with icing sugar and serve.


Pears are normally available from August till October. But because of some seasonal variations amongst the different varieties you’ll be able to find them almost throughout the year.


I hope you enjoy this.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comments:

postzoom Nov 19, 2010, 2:12:00 AM  

We are looking for great blogs and we would love it if you registered yours with us.

That Tart looks amazing!

PostZoom is a directory of the best blog posts which helps readers find great blog posts and our goal is to help blog owners drive more traffic to their blog.

If you are interested in joining, please check us out!

Thanks,
Eric Castelli
PostZoom

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP