Powered by Blogger.

CNY Celebrations

>> Feb 17, 2010

As I mentioned in my earlier posting, I took some nice shots and hope to share with you what I saw and feel and hope you’ll enjoy them too.

(Here's hoping Tsai Sen Yeh or God of Prosperity bringing you prosperity & money luck to your home)

Having started Primary 1 in a Chinese school, the kids were encouraged to participate in CNY-theme art work, and here is one of Max's.


Traditional Lou Sang (Yusheng), normally included in CNY Dinner but have since been included at least a fortnight earlier in most Chinese dinners. Many companies hold thank you dinners for their staff or suppliers or valued customers in appreciation for the support the past year with Yusheng. I’ve had my share too…this was one of the dinners.



(This was taken just before another 8 pairs of chopsticks appeared!)

This year, I only went to one shopping mall, just 2 weeks before CNY. The celebration air was lukewarm …there’s no frenzy shopping yet then…moderate scale decorations at mall compared to previous 2 years…things, admittedly are pricier with prices of basics like flour gone up and recently the price of sugar too!

These were taken in Mid-Valley Megamall and the Gardens, an adjacent mall.


\





Spring is here and everywhere and I love the colours of new year...



Hah, the labour of love...CNY cookies from my kitchen. ta-da!






Candy tray with sweets and chocolates to sweeten the year J.And, to sweeten the mouth of everyone who visit, may all words be sweet-sweet....hahaha lol!


Happy Valentine’s Day! I made these cute cupcakes for Hubby and my little prince and brought a tray over for my Mom, nieces and nephew.



I saw this in Anncoo’s Hobby and decided to give it a try. I have a previous recipe that a friend gave me, quite similar, with a little more icing sugar and with added almond flakes which I found kinda difficult to mold or cut. This is lovely and melts in your mouth. It's vegan, I like it very much. Thank you my dear friend for sharing a lovely recipe. (Thumbs Up). Anncoo’s Almond Cookies is a definite keeper.

(Anncoo's Almond Cookies)

I started off like this, cute, sweet dainty heart-shaped ones…then, it ended up like this… well, it was 2am in the morning J.



I didn’t make these. Bought them as they are “must-have”…what is CNY without pineapple tarts (rolls), traditional kuih bangkit and addictive arrow-root chips! 






I hope you have enjoyed these pictures. Do visit again as I'll be posting some recipes later on.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

4 comments:

Rita Feb 17, 2010, 6:28:00 PM  

Hi Rita, Beautiful clicks, I like the lotus flowers hanging high up, so pretty and festive. I'm also very happy that you liked my cookies, if you have time please try the chocolate almond~this is very easy to make, I made this many times in a year.

Rita Feb 18, 2010, 1:26:00 PM  

Hi Anncoo, yes, I'll do that one of these weekends. Thks so much for sharing :-)

Rita Feb 21, 2010, 3:39:00 PM  

Gong Hai Fa Choy!! Best wishes and good health to you and your family. May all that you wish for come true!

Love all your pictures. We have nothing close to what you have in Malaysia in San Francisco. It's not so festive here. :(

Rita Mar 3, 2010, 3:22:00 PM  

Hi Rosebelle, Happy Belated Chinese New Year to you too! May we all look fwd to a better year filled with love, joy, laughters, good health, good food and prosperity.

Thanks Rosebelle, I'm glad you love them. Oh yes, there are lots of celebrations during CNY over here...lion & dragon & tiger dance, fireworks, acrobatic & traditional musical instruments shows ...and feasting! Oh my stomach! :-) I guess Chinese makes up 18% of the population here and CNY is a major festival here and I have enjoyed this year's very much.

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP