Powered by Blogger.

Hot Hot Hot

>> May 4, 2010

Spring brings hot-hot-hot weather… and it’s not even summer really, there are some thunderstorms in the late afternoons which provides some reliefs but at times the humidity level can be quite unbearable!

The average day temperature is on the high of 32-37°C. Getting a tan is not a problem here! Haha… Snow White I’m not but I’d rather stay indoors with the air-con full-blast…and preferably a tall glass of refreshing fruit juice with ice cubes filled to the brim!

But, I still remember my Mom’s words that drinking ice-cool drinks will make one feel warmer, an after-effect, actually. So, it is advisable to consume ‘leong-cha’ or cooling herbal tea.

I made this soothing sweet drink to keep our throat moist in this hot weather.

100g Dried dates (dried candied dates, )
100g (In Cantonese, “Fung thong” or )



Just boil the above with 2 litres of water for 15-20 mins, cool and serve. It can be served a 'tong sui"

Enjoy....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

5 comments:

Rita May 5, 2010, 2:33:00 PM  

The weather in Singapore is freaking hot tooo !!! Yes I agree with you drinking more ice drinks or cold drinks will not help afterall.....I brew 凉茶 often for my family too.

MaryMoh May 5, 2010, 2:42:00 PM  

I love this drink very much. I have to cook this again. Thanks for reminding. MaryMoh at http://www.keeplearningkeepsmiling.com

Rita May 12, 2010, 8:37:00 PM  

Pearlyn - yes, it's terribly hot and it's not even mid-year yet! I hope there won't be dry spell and the dreaded 'haze' ... :-(

Rita May 12, 2010, 8:40:00 PM  

Sigh! somehow this comment from a very good Blogger Friend did not appear in my comment box. My sincere apologies.

Keep cool :)
Posted by 3 hungry tummies to Rita’s Basket at May 5, 2010 8:05:00 AM

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP