Powered by Blogger.

Coffee Hazelnut Bites

>> Jan 27, 2010



I found Malaysians and some Asians are tempted by the aroma of coffee in their drinks, chilled dessert and baked goods. Probably that's why you see many Cafes mushrooming in addition to the traditional kopitiams.  And, I too began to include this flavor in some of my stuff and found it somewhat pleasing. I admit that coffee is growing on me… hmmm, am I turning to be a coffee person? J

Perhaps I shall experiment more…

I made some Coffee Hazelnut Bites last year for Chinese New Year and received favorable comments. Here’s the recipe, which I have made some adjustments.

Coffee Hazelnut Bites
(Coffee Hazelnut Cookies, original recipe by Chef William Tan)

175g butter
100g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
2/3 tbsp instant coffee powder dissolved in 1½ tbsp of boiling water (I use Nescafe classic)
45g ground hazelnut
225g + 2 tbsp self-rising flour
15g chocolate chips


1.      Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2.      Beat in egg yolk, coffee mixture.
3.      Stir in ground hazelnut
4.      Mix in flour till combined.
5.       Using a teaspoon, spoon dough, press and insert in 3 pcs of chocolate chips. Arrange on a greased baking sheet.
6.      Bake at 170C for 15 minutes. (I usually remove the tray after giving it 5 minutes once I the aromatic smell of coffee started reaching me). Do not overbake.
7.      Cool on wire tray and store in air-tight container.



Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

Rita Jan 27, 2010, 3:20:00 PM  

love some of this with my afternoon tea :)

Rita Jan 29, 2010, 12:21:00 AM  

Hi Rita,
I love hazelnut, looks good with coffee flavour.
Anyway, thanks for coming to my blog. I'll follow you.

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP