Powered by Blogger.

Mango Pudding

>> Apr 22, 2010

I love Mango. I think they are just the most juciest tropical fruits.


Generally, they are sweet and except for some species which are sour. Some have soft or firm flesh and have sweet or strong smell.

However, some have fibrous texture flesh which may be a put-off for a truly pleasurable experience of the sweet fruits.

I bought some nice plump Chukanan Mangoes and thought it’ll be nice if I can make Mango Pudding. The bought ones in the plastic cups which many children likes are overly sweet, so I figure I’ll try making them, less sweet and low-fat.

250ml low-fat milk
250g mango, diced
200 ml water
50g fine sugar
1 ½ tbsp gelatine powder
4 tbsp water

  1. Soften gelatine in 4 tbsp water in a small bowl. Let it sit in larger bowl of hot water, stir till gelatine powder dissolve well.
  2. Peel Mango. Dice flesh and put into blender to blend with water. Strain to remove stringy fibers.
  3. Dissolve sugar in milk over low heat. Cool.
  4. Stir mango puree with gelatine, add in milk and stir till well mixed.
  5. Pour into 6 jelly molds or glasses.
  6. Chill in fridge overnight.
Serve chilled.
 

 

If fresh mangoes are not available, don’t despair. I have also tried with Mango juice (your favourite from the shelves) from the carton, yes…when I’m craving mangoes and there aren’t any available, ...not even on my neighbour’s tree!!! … hehe J


With the same recipe as above, substitute mango puree with Mango juice (300 ml).

The good thing about Mango juice from the carton is, no need to strain! There’s no fiber to catch between your teeth!

Enjoy the smooth chilled dessert this hot summer… well, it’s always hot in the afternoons here. 

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

mr. pineapple man Apr 24, 2010, 11:56:00 AM  

yummy! i bought mangoes but they're not ripe yet...must try ur recipe when they're ready! thanks~

Rita May 12, 2010, 9:16:00 PM  

This is a reproduction of a comment. The original is missing in posting (MIP) ... my sincere apologies... I'm working on sorting it out. (So sorry!)

mr. pineapple man has left a new comment on your post "Mango Pudding":

yummy! i bought mangoes but they're not ripe yet...must try ur recipe when they're ready! thanks~

Posted by mr. pineapple man to Rita’s Basket at Apr 24, 2010 11:56:00 AM

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP