Powered by Blogger.

Old cucumber soup

>> Apr 16, 2010

This is an old favourite, a classic soup but I've simplified it.


 700g (approx.) Old cucumber
300g chicken breast
2L water (2000 ml)
15 pcs Red dates (stoned)
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
a dash of pepper


(Optional) 1 pc of medium-size dried squid

1.   Peel off skin. Cut into 4, remove seeds with a large spoon.
2.   Then cut into chunks of 3.5cm x 3.5cm.
3.   Bring water to boil in a medium soup pot or 2.5L Vision pot
4.   Add in chicken breast (fats trimmed) and let it come to boil.
5.   Add in old cucumber chunks, let it come to a boil and turn down flame to low.
6.   Boil for 2 - 2.5hrs.


7.   Salt and pepper to taste.


Serve hot.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

5 comments:

MaryMoh Apr 16, 2010, 8:07:00 PM  

My type of soup. This is a cooling, delicious soup. Sadly, I can't get this cucumber here :( Thanks for sharing. MaryMoh @ http://www.keeplearningkeepsmiling.com

Rita Apr 16, 2010, 8:17:00 PM  

You know what Rita I love this soup but can't get old cucumber here!

Rita Apr 17, 2010, 10:21:00 PM  

Oh dear! :-(
Not even at any Asian Grocery Store? There's just no substitute...wish I can send u some...

Rita Apr 17, 2010, 11:18:00 PM  

I love eating old cucumber in the spring! It looks delicious!

Rita Apr 18, 2010, 2:34:00 PM  

Thank you. Did you make it into soup too?

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP