>> Apr 16, 2010
This is an old favourite, a classic soup but I've simplified it.
700g (approx.) Old cucumber
300g chicken breast
2L water (2000 ml)
15 pcs Red dates (stoned)
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
a dash of pepper
(Optional) 1 pc of medium-size dried squid
1. Peel off skin. Cut into 4, remove seeds with a large spoon.
2. Then cut into chunks of 3.5cm x 3.5cm.
3. Bring water to boil in a medium soup pot or 2.5L Vision pot
4. Add in chicken breast (fats trimmed) and let it come to boil.
5. Add in old cucumber chunks, let it come to a boil and turn down flame to low.
6. Boil for 2 - 2.5hrs.