Powered by Blogger.

Chocolate Chip Nut Brownies

>> Sep 13, 2009

This recipe is for lovers of chocolate and nuts. :-)


When I get the urge for some chocolate fix, I'll head to my kitchen to whip up a batch of brownies and I've made this many times, my friends and neighbors have fallen in love with these, not to mention my supportive hubby and son.


Making brownies is easy and you don't need a mixer to do that. Here's one recipe that I've always used, with sugar level adjusted. I think I've found the right balance with chocolate chip and the added nuts. It's sweet enough for your chocolate cravings fix without cringing! There are lots of nuts to give the brownies the crunchy and nutty topping accompaniment.





Some might like it really fudgy and some like it cakey. I like it somewhere in between. Here's my version.


120g butter, melted
180g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp mocha essence (or 1 tsp of instant coffee granules dilute in 1 tbsp of boiling water)
2 eggs
100g flour
40g cocoa powder
2/3 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup almond nibs


1.  Pre-heat oven 175°C.
2.  Line an 8" square baking dish with baking paper with sides cut longer (hanging over the sides, this is to enable ease of removal) once it's baked.
3.  Melt butter. Combine melted butter with sugar, vanilla essence and mocha essence (optional) in a medium bowl.
4.  Beat the eggs and add in the wet ingredients.
5.  Sift flour and cocoa powder.
6.  Gently stir in dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
7.  Spread into the pan, level with plastic spatula.
8.  Sprinkle chopped walnuts on the top, followed by almond nibs.
9.  Lastly sprinkle chocolate chips on the top most.
10.Bake for 35-40 minutes. If tested with a tooth-pick inserted into the center, it should have still have some crumbs stuck to the tooth-pick, but it could be the melted chocolate chips. Do not overbake.


Cool in the pan and cut into 16 squares.





The irresistible aroma of chocolate that fills the home will draw the kids (or the Man) to the kitchen, they could hardly wait for the brownies to cool. :-P


* There is a very subtle hint of coffee which enhances the aroma of chocolate. If the brownies are for kids, you may wish to omit it. (Optional)


It's easier to get clean cut lines when it is completely cool or it may get crumbly. 


I think brownies taste better the day after... I normally cut into 20 squares, well, the smaller the pieces, I thought I could reduce the calories intake.... ha-ha-ha...trust me, it's calories laden, every mouthful. The smaller the cut, the smaller the 'guilt'...- self-deception! 


Each time I feel like reaching for another piece of this sinfully chocolatey and heavenly rich brownies, I tell myself....oh, look at your hips, but then I only bake this like once a month? How bad can it get... :-)


Have a fun weekend.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

Rita Dec 18, 2009, 4:03:00 AM  

Ok.. so I should not have read this recipe as i am craving one of these right now.

Rita Dec 18, 2009, 12:01:00 PM  

Hahaha...these are great brownies! I love choc and I love brownies.
These aren't too kind to the hips but... :-) I still keep my Gym appointments.

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP