Powered by Blogger.

Braised minced pork with fried tofu (tofu-pok)

>> Sep 16, 2009

Having a picky eater in the family, I always need to come up with a kids’ favorite recipe. It has to be simple yet appetizing without laboring hours preparing in the kitchen. The ingredients are easily found too.





100g   minced pork
½ tsp salt
8 pcs   fried tofu (tofu-pok), each piece cut into 2 or 3
4 pips of garlic, chopped small
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp   sesame oil
2 tsp   light soy sauce
1 tsp   oyster sauce
2 cups water


1.   Mix in salt in the minced pork, set aside.
2.   Heat oil in a non-stick wok. Stir-fry garlic for 1 minute.
3.   Add in minced pork, break up with spatula if lumped and stir-fry till cooked.
4.   Add in sesame oil and stir for another 2 minutes.
5.   Add in tofu-pok pieces, stir.
6.   Add in seasonings of soy sauce & oyster sauce. Your kitchen will be filled with aroma from the sauces & will reach the living room…ha-ha-ha.
7.   Add in water, bring to boil.
8.   Lower the flame to small, cover and let it simmer for 40-50 minutes, till the tofu-pok soften and becomes spongy.
9.   Check and make sure the gravy doesn’t dry up.
10.  Dish up and serve warm with rice.


Kids will like this appetizing & tasty dish as the minced pork is not chunky and chewy.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

Rita Sep 16, 2009, 9:49:00 PM  

Looks delicious! I don't use tofu much at all, but it is so healthy, I should!

Rita Sep 16, 2009, 9:59:00 PM  

Hi SGG. I'm the new kid around the "Blog"...:-). Thx for the comments, most of my dishes are very simple.

Hope you can try them and perhaps let me know...Cheers

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP