Powered by Blogger.

More flowers in my green patch...the Desert Rose

>> Oct 26, 2009

I am still waiting and waiting for other pots of hibiscus to bloom. Sigh! Sadly, they are still very young and I know I need to be patient but they are growing very slowly...no buds in sight yet.




Meantime, there's the desert rose, Adenium Obesum, a flowering plant in the Apocynaneae family, with soft velvety petals, tuba-like flowers in pink, red and white shades. 




Cultivated from seedling or stem-cut, tho' growing from seed will yield a swollen caudex. 



Many Chinese homes have these beautiful flowers as the Chinese name "fu-kwai" is very auspicious, brings luck, wealth and glory to the family. These are popular bonsai plants. They require sun, and water only every 3-5 days.


I have found some time to do a little gardening, unwind, de-stress, relax (do I sound very stressed?...not really, just needed to get close to nature :-D) and admire the greens over the weekend.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP