Powered by Blogger.

Rich Brownies

>> Oct 18, 2009

I made this late last night, from a recipe I’ve kept in my ‘Recipe Treasure Box’ for a long time. Must be the sweet-tooth in me, stirred by the tempting varieties of sweet I tried in my friends’ homes during Diwali.





Rich chocolate brownies, full of chocolate flavour with vanilla & mocha frostings...... hmmm heavenly.


120g butter, melted
180g caster sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
30g cocoa powder
60g all-purpose plain flour
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Pre-heat oven to 175°C. Grease and lightly flour an 8” square cake pan. First, melt the butter, remove and let cool for 10 minutes, add in sugar, beaten eggs and vanilla essence to mix. Then stir in dry ingredients. The mixture will resemble a thick paste, spread into the pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips on top and bake for 25-30 minutes.



Leave to cool in the pan and cut into small square. Habitual experience made me cut into 25 pieces… rather small I admit, but I get to satisfy the chocolate cravings without the loadful of calories! I'm going to the gym every day next week !!! Eeeek!!!


I frost it with some leftovers from yesterday’s Chocolate Cake’s cream, borders and letterings.


4 tbsp butter
2 tbsp of golden syrup
2 cup icing sugar
½ tsp Vanilla essence
1 tsp of coffee paste


Beat softened butter and icing sugar till smooth, light and fluffy, add in golden syrup and continue to beat till very light. Flavour one portion with vanilla and the other with coffee paste.


Frost the brownies and serve. Yum-yum.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comments:

Rita Oct 20, 2009, 10:45:00 AM  

Thks and yes, they are yummy. :-)

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP