Powered by Blogger.

Strawberry Cheesecake …failed!

>> Oct 24, 2009










I have been planning to make Strawberry Cheesecake for a couple of weeks now but I must admit I FAILED! … (so sad), the taste is right, the texture is “No-No” and the looks, a big “No-No”.


As it’s my first attempt, I wasn’t confident of success so I used a small 12cm round pan and some cute small plastic cuppies.


Thinking back, these are my biggest mistakes,

1.   I accidentally poured whipped cream (before whipping) into the cream cheese mixture and whipped them together, the mixture started ‘separating’, almost like curdling. The texture is not smooth at all. Next time, I must remember to whip whipping cream separately and fold in gently.
2.   When I poured the jelly onto the cheesecake, the strawberry slices started ‘floating’ and some tiny bits of cheesecake also started floating to the top…arrrggh! I should have placed the pieces of strawberry slices on the cheese fillings right after pouring, for them to stick on
3.   Strawberry puree needed to be strained for a smooth cheese filling.

So, you can imagine my non-photogenic strawberry cheesecake cuppies...:-(

The recipe portion can make 1 piece of 12cm round cheesecake and 8 small cute cheese cuppies.


Well, Max likes the cute cheese cuppies very much, so did hubby. I kinda like the cute butterflies. The nice thing about using these plastic cuppies is that they can be covered and stacked neatly in the fridge. Great for serving chilled desserts at kids parties. Good idea, uh? 




Sigh! One of my kitchen disasters… but I'll try again when I can find some nice plum juicy strawberries.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

Unknown Aug 14, 2011, 12:46:00 PM  

walaupun gagal... tapi anda telah mencuba sesuatu yg baru, yg jarang org lain buat.. menggunakan small plastic cuppies. idea yang bagus... nice job..

Rita Aug 14, 2011, 10:30:00 PM  

@Amie
Hi! Thanks! Appreciate the very kind consoling words.
Being a Chef, I'll bet you need to be very creative in the kitchen too. :-)

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

A place to share my thots, my experiences, my dreams, my musings, my tips...
Friends and mother are welcome to drop a line or two, don't forget to include your email or contacts, thanks.

Picture

Picture

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Tool

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP